Monday, January 26, 2009

Funny Questions

Sela and I have been sick for a few days, so we had a low-key weekend. This has given Nathan a lot of time to think, and at various times, he has asked me some interesting questions:

He came in to my room one night to ask me how babies come out of their mommy's tummies. I want to be straight and honest with him, but not give too much information that he can't handle at his age. So, as I was formulating a response in my head, he said they pop out like popcorn when they are ready, right mom? All I could say was, "yes, something like that!"

Nathan last night decided that he wanted PopPop to help him to build a house for all the bunnies that live in the woods next to our house so they would have some place warm to live. What a sweet kid!

He is also worried about how he will bring his bike on the airplane with us when we go to visit PopPop so that he can take the training wheels off his bike. Nathan decided that he is a big boy now and wants to ride his bike with two wheels just like PopPop!

Nathan is truly a remarkable child - as I know all parents feel about their kids. I love to listen to him as he plays in his rooms with his cars and has conversations with them. He has such a great imagination and is so creative.

No comments: