Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Underwear check...

First let me say, that we have a routine in the morning. I wake first, shower and put on my makeup. Then, I wake the kids, put out their clothes and get their toothbrushes and washcloths ready. After using the bathroom, the kids get themselves dressed while I get dressed and then we all go down for breakfast together. I thought that had been working out really well until last week...

When I arrived to pick up the kids from school last Friday, Sela's teacher told me that she noticed Sela wasn't wearing underwear when she bent over to get something and her little tushie was in plain sight. When asked why she wasn't wearing underwear, Sela told the teacher that I wouldn't let her wear underwear! Luckily the teacher knows me well enough to know that it isn't true, but it was funny none the less.

That evening, as the kids were getting ready for bed, I noticed Nathan had on a pair of underwear that I didn't think belonged to him. There is no underwear like that in his drawers and it certainly wasn't what I had pulled out for him to wear that morning. Whose underwear was my child wearing??? Why was he wearing different underwear. Nathan assured me that they were his underwear and that he found them this morning and put them on while dressing for school. He told me that Bubie had bought them for him a long time ago - they did look old and the leg holes were all stretched out. What a day - one child without underwear and another child with a pair of underwear and I didn't know whose they were...

So, now I check the kids underwear every day before we leave the house - good thing I did - Sela was without underwear again today! And, this time she was wearing a dress!!

Underwear checks will continue in our house...

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh no! Toooo funny!!

Janet said...

OMG, Rena, that is hilarious... Watch out Britney Spears!