Monday, June 15, 2009

Swimming, Soccer, Ducks, Friends and Bubbles...

This weekend marked the last of this sessions' swimming lessons and the last soccer game of the season. We also had fun spending time with cousin Bret and his fiance Becca, our other "cousins" Miss Anne, John, Luke and Grace and of course, Bubie and PopPop.

Here is a shot of the kids before their swimming lesson. They have progressed so much in the past 12 weeks - Sela is no longer afraid in the water and will actually dunk under. She needs to work on her floating, but is learning the basics to be ready to swim. Nathan is also doing great. He is learning the basics to swim and loves to be in the water!

We were very fortunate to have the company of Bret and Becca this weekend. They joined us for lunch, a few games and a few books and accompanied us to Nathan's final soccer game of the season where he scored 6 goals!! Nathan still enjoys soccer and is already looking forward to next season. He even told me that I can have his old trophy because he has a new one now! I think I am going to need a big trophy case for this kid! As I watched the US National Mens Team play last night, I couldn't help but wonder if that would be my kid someday representing his country.
On Sunday, we met my dear friend Anne and her kids John, Luke and Grace in Baltimore. This is such a wonderful family and we always enjoy our time together. Here are the kids before we met for lunch at the Inner Harbor.
After lunch at the ESPN Zone, we took the kids for a tour of the city on a Duck Boat. This is a little bus that drives around the streets then goes into the water. I learned so much about the city and the kids loved the water ride, even though it was a long tour.

And of course, the kids needed ice cream after the tour!


To end the weekend, we had dinner with Bubie and PopPop, and then blew bubbles. A perfect end to a to a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

What cute pics!! I love Sela's brown dress!!

vaneblu said...

Beautiful pics :)