Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Terps Basketball

On Sunday night, my parents and I took the kids to their first Maryland Basketball Game. What a thrill it was to watch them experience the excitement of their first game. I had dreamed about this moment since becoming a mother! I have always loved basketball, coached for many years and now I was able to share this experience with my kids.
I haven't been to a game since Nathan came home, so this was very exciting for me in so many ways!
Sela was all dressed up in her cheerleader costume and loved every minute of it. I don't think she stopped moving the entire time. She danced along with the music from the band, cheered and just jumped up and down because she was so excited when she wasn't giving random kisses to her PopPop!
Nathan was thrilled to be able to see his favorite player Bambale Osby (as Nathan refers to him - the guy with the big hair). We have watched him together many times on TV and there he was live and in person!
It was a late night, and the kids were very tired, but they did great! I was so proud of their good behavior. It was the best game I have even gone to - even though they lost!


Nathan was a little overwhelmed at first, but then relaxed and enjoyed the experience. The popcorn helped too!

Thank you so much Bubie and PopPop for sharing your tickets with us and thank you also to Uncle Ron and Aunt Joan who gave my parents the tickets!! It was certainly an experience we won't ever forget!

1 comment:

Our Family of 5 said...

How adorable she is in her little dress cheering for her team!