Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Medrano Packing Weekend

I have been preparing a shipment to be sent to the charitable organization I have been working with, MAYAN FAMILIES in Guatemala. Items have been collected at my kid's dentist office and from various friends and families. People from the group I belong to, Mayan Families Connection which supports the works of Mayan Families have also contributed to this shipment as well as many of the members of the Guatemalan Adoption Forum I belong to.



This past weekend, three amazing women who I am proud to call my friends, joined me, my mother and my sister in sorting, inventorying and packing all the items. The house was filled with kids and lots of smiles and laughter! It was a wonderful day and we got a lot accomplished.



This shipment is coordinated through the Mayan Families Connection Group which gets a very sizeable discount from the shipping company. People then donate money to the shipping fund so we can afford to send the items to Guatemala.

Unfortunately, at this time, we are still short on the shipping. If you would like to make a donation, you can paypal money to: RLK913@aol.com. Any contributions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the size of the box we are shipping. 8 were packed over the weekend and a 9th is getting ready to go. The kids are standing on a 2 step ladder in front of two of the boxes we packed stacked on top of each other:

No comments: