Sunday, May 10, 2009

A very happy Mothers Day

Nathan and Sela planned a very special surprise for me on Mother's Day. With Bubie's help, they prepared breakfast for me:Then, the kids woke me up in bed and gave me presents! Nathan made this book in school.

Sela painted this for me:

with bath salts inside!
She also made this beautiful laminated picture...the poem reads:

I miss you when we're not together,
I'm growing up too fast!
See how big I've gotten
since you saw me last
As I grow, I'll change alot,
The years will fly right by!
You'll wonder how I grew so quick,
when and where and why?
So look upon this handprint plaque
Thats hanging on your wall-
Then memories will come back to me
when I was very small.

Nathan made bath salts and soap in his class:

After a quiet morning together, we joined the rest of the family to celebrate Mother's Day at Bubie's house.

Happy Mother's Day mom!!


I feel so incredibly blessed to have two such wonderful kids. It is an honor to be their mother and to have the opportunity to watch them grow and be part of their lives!

I also feel incredibly greatful to my mother for all she has given me and all she has taught me. Mom, thank you for your support and guidance and most of all for your love!

In honor of my mother on Mother's Day, we sent baskets of food to the two mother's of the children we sponsor in Guatemala. Here is a picture of the kids with their mother and the basket:



I hope all moms had a wonderful and very happy mothers day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day!! Those presents from the kids are adorable. Love all the answers Nathan gave to the questions :)

Milk Mama said...

That sounds like a wonderful mother's day!